The Children’s Advocacy Center of SWFL is looking for an cheerful, positive individual to work full-time June 3rd through August 9th as the After-School/Summer Camp Assistant. Working as the Camp Assistant, you will work directly with the After School/Camp Coordinator to ensure that staff-led groups of children are kept safe while having fun through a wide range of activities and field trips.
Qualifications for the position include but is not limited to:
- Organizing and Participating in games, reading to and with children, supervising field trips.
- Helping children develop habits of caring for the center, the neighborhood and each other. Enforcing clean-up and discipline as needed.
- Serving meals and refreshments to children and regulating activity periods.
- Assisting in cleaning spaces used.
- Assist families with information and referrals when appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must:
- Be 18 years of age, and previous experience working with children in a camp/childcare setting.
- Ability to provide active supervision over a group of children for during an 8 – 9-hour day.
- Ability to relate well with children, communicate effectively, build rapport and maintain positive relations with children, parents, staff and CAC leadership.
- Enthusiasm, a high level of energy and exceptional human relations and motivation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Ability to plan organize and implement curriculum and activities for youth-focused specialty programs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
The Children’s Advocacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.