The Children’s Advocacy Center of SW Florida (CAC) is a busy non-profit agency located in Fort Myers serving Lee, Charlotte, Hendry, and Glades Counties. At CAC, we offer abuse determination services for children as well as therapeutic counseling, parenting education, and prevention programs.
CAC is seeking a qualified part–time Parenting Facilitator in the Parenting Program. The position provides parenting classes to parents involved in the child welfare system as well as those in the community wanting to strengthen their parenting skills. Work hours include night/day flexibility with hours varying between 4-20 hours per week.
General Responsibilities (full job description will be provided upon interview):
- Prepare lesson plans for classes
- Maintain a caseload of at least two (2) parenting groups per week
- On occasion cover other groups when needed.
- Conduct home visits on occasion if needed.
- Complete progress notes and documentation timely.
- Remain current on child abuse and neglect literature and offender treatment literature.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in teaching, social work, psychology, early childhood development, or a related field.
Bilingual is preferred.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- This position requires a high school diploma or a Graduate Equivalency Diploma, and a minimum of one year of experience providing direct services to children or families.
Position is currently primarily working remotely with some appointments in the office as needed due to COVID-19.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of SW Florida is an equal opportunity employer.