The Children’s Advocacy Center of SW Florida (CAC) is a busy non-profit agency located in Fort Myers serving Lee, Charlotte, Hendry, and Glades Counties. At CAC, we offer abuse determination services for children as well as therapeutic counseling, parenting education, and prevention programs.
CAC is seeking a qualified full-time Intake Coordinator in the Family Alliance Program. This position coordinates services for children and their families. The candidate must work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to assist with the intake process for alleged victims of child abuse.
Performance expectations include the following, with other duties as assigned:
- Process referrals during business hours from the Child Protection Team, Department of Children and Families, Law Enforcement, Community Agencies, Schools, Self-Referrals, and other referral sources.
- Obtain all necessary information and complete referral form.
- Contact families by phone and email in order to explain FA’s intake process and obtain consent for treatment.
- Screen referrals for eligibility based on contractual requirements.
- Make referrals to appropriate services as needed when cases are outside of FA’s scope of practice.
- Keep accurate documentation of all referrals received including an updated referral log.
- Schedule intake appointments using Microsoft Office Outlook and SharePoint calendars.
- Notify Clinical Therapists, appropriate agencies, and families about scheduled appointments.
- Send reminders for upcoming appointments.
- Meet with caregivers to sign intake forms and provide surveys.
- Create clinical charts as needed.
- Enter data into different database systems, including CAC’s computer system and the Department of Health’s information system.
- Assist with required statistical data collection and monthly reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position is based in the office with working remotely as feasible. CDC recommendations are implemented at the agency due to COVID-19.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of SW Florida is a DWFP and an equal opportunity employer.