The Children’s Advocacy Center of SWFL (CAC) is a busy non-for-profit agency in Fort Myers. At CAC, we assess and treat children believed to have been physically or sexually abused or are at-risk of such abuse. We offer abuse determination services as well as therapeutic counseling, parenting education and prevention programs in Lee, Hendry, Glades and Charlotte Counties. CAC is currently seeking a bi-lingual Family Advocate who will provide education, support, assistance and guidance to families and children believed to have been abused/neglected in order to promote strength, healthy living and overall well-being.
Main duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Crisis assessment and intervention, risk assessment, and safety planning and support for children and family members through all stages of involvement at CAC.
- Assessment of individual needs and cultural considerations for the child and family to ensure those needs are addressed.
- Participate in information sharing; inform and support family about the coordinated, multidisciplinary response; and assess needs of child and non-offending caregiver.
- Provide education and access to victims' right s and crime victims' compensation.
- Provide assistance in obtaining specific services (trauma-focused treatment, housing, protective orders, domestic violence intervention, food, transportation, public assistance etc.).
- Participate in case review in order to discuss the unique needs of the child and family and plan related support services, ensure the continuous coordination of services, and ensure the child and family's concerns are heard and addressed.
- Maintain accurate, complete and up to date files and compliance with programmatic contractual funding obligations.
Qualifications and required knowledge or skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services related field preferred.
- Speak, write, read and interpret Spanish.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to maintain confidentiality, work well with others and problem solve.
- Good working knowledge of community resources and judicial system.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
The Children's Advocacy Center is an equal opportunity employer.