The Children’s Advocacy Center of SW Florida (CAC) is a busy non-profit agency located in Fort Myers serving Lee, Charlotte, Hendry, and Glades Counties. At CAC, we offer abuse determination services for children as well as therapeutic counseling, parenting education, and prevention programs.
CAC is seeking a qualified full-time Family Advocate in the Family Advocacy Program. The position provides crisis intervention, education, and support to children and their families being served at the CAC. Some evening hours will be required.
General Responsibilities (full job description will be provided upon interview):
- Provide crisis intervention, assessment, and ongoing support for children and family members through all stages of involvement at CAC.
- Assess individual needs and cultural considerations for the child and family to ensure those needs are addressed.
- Provide education and access to victims’ rights and crime victim’s compensation.
- Provide assistance by referring and linking families to services (trauma-focused treatment, housing, protective.
- orders, domestic violence intervention, food, transportation, public assistance, etc.)Participate in case of review in order to discuss the unique needs of the child and family and plan related support services, ensure the continuous coordination of services, and ensure the child and family’s concerns are heard and addressed.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date files and compliance with programmatic contractual funding obligations.
- Participate in ongoing supervision, staff meetings and maintain training requirements.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social work or human services related field. Bilingual in Spanish or Creole preferred. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong organizational skills.
The position is currently primarily working remotely with some appointments in the office as needed due to COVID-19.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of SW Florida is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.