The Children’s Advocacy Center of SW Florida (CAC) is a busy non-profit agency located in Fort Myers serving Lee, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades Counties. At CAC, we offer abuse determination services for children as well as therapeutic counseling, parenting education and prevention programs.
BILINGUAL CLINICAL THERAPIST
CAC is seeking a qualified part-time Clinical Therapist in the Family Alliance Program. The position provides trauma-based therapy to children who have been abused, and to adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Work hours vary and include a minimum of two evenings per week.
General Responsibilities (full job description will be provided upon interview):
- Provide individual, family, and group counseling.
- Schedule up to 15 direct contact hours with clients on a weekly basis.
- Contact and screen referrals, facilitate intake process for new clients, complete biopsychosocial assessments, conduct weekly sessions, and plan discharges.
- Complete progress notes, data collection, and documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide outpatient services at offices in Charlotte and Hendry Counties.
- Provide testimony in court as needed.
- Participate in weekly individual/group supervision, and complete annual trainings.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- A Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling, Clinical Social Work, or Marriage and Family Therapy (licensure preferred).
- At least one year of clinical counseling experience working with children and adolescents.
- At least six months of experience providing treatment to sexually abused children and their families.
- Proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing Spanish.
Position is currently primarily working remotely with some appointments in the office as needed due to COVID-19.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of SW Florida, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.