The Children’s Advocacy Center of Southwest FL (CAC) is a busy non-profit agency located in Fort Myers serving Lee, Charlotte, Hendry, and Glades Counties. At CAC, we offer abuse determination services for children as well as therapeutic counseling, parenting education, and prevention programs.
CAC is seeking a qualified full-time Case Coordinator position in the Child Protection Team. This position entails working as part of a multidisciplinary team evaluating cases of alleged child maltreatment. The chosen candidate will collaborate with law enforcement agencies as well as legal, medical, mental health, and social service agencies. The candidate will be responsible for generating formal written reports based on assessment activities.
General Responsibilities (full job description will be provided upon interview):
- Conduct specialized clinical and forensic interviews of children and interview family members and significant others as needed to complete a psychosocial assessment.
- Coordinate client services and referrals within the community.
- Arrange for and conduct multidisciplinary staffing and participate in the development of the professional recommendations for treatment and ongoing services.
- Make recommendations for treatment plans to address risk factors, therapy needs, skills training, or the need for further evaluation. Recommendations may also address issues related to removal, placement, and family supervision.
- Provide depositions and court testimony.
- Participate in scheduled after-hours on-call and provide emergent assessment services as needed.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited college or university in psychology, social work, nursing, or human services related field. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum 2 years post-baccalaureate experience working with children and their families; one year of which must be working with abused and neglected children. Bilingual preferred. Position requires occasional weekend and evening on-call duties. Flexibility a plus.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of SWFL is an equal opportunity employer.